Voice!, an event created by The Arc Otsego 13 years ago, is a juried annual art exhibition celebrating the creative voices of artists with intellectual and/or other developmental disabilities from across New York State. Held in the beautiful SUNY Oneonta Martin-Muller Art Gallery, this show has represented over 500 artists from more than 30 counties in New York State and has awarded over $10,000 in prizes. Most importantly, Voice! joyfully, exuberantly and thoughtfully reminds us of the power of art to transcend disability and stereotypes, revealing our common ground and celebrating our unique abilities.
Voice! is open to any individual living in New York State who is 18 years of age or older and has an intellectual and/or other developmental disability. All individuals involved with collaborative works must also meet this requirement.
Submission Process: Individual Works
• The completed application form, along with a labeled high-quality JPG uploaded to the form below must be received no later than Friday, June 9, 2017. Electronic submission is highly preferred. Please do not send the original work. The label must include the artist’s name, title of the work, size of the piece and medium. Please note that the application form includes authorization for the use of the artist’s first and last name, photo, bio and image of the work. The Arc Otsego reserves the right to use this information for educational and publicity purposes. Regrettably, we can only consider submissions for which we have a signed authorization for all required information.
• Submissions must be limited to no more than eight pieces/program and no more than two pieces/artist. There are no size restrictions on the size of the submitted artwork.
• Work submitted must be original artwork and have been completed within the past three years.
• An application fee of $10/artist is due with the registration form. Artists who wish to subimit a second work may do so: the application fee is $5 for the additional piece. Entry fees are non-refundable.
Download the application or register online here. The submission deadline is June 9, 2017.
• Voice! will open on Thursday, July 27.
• Artwork Drop-Off /Delivery : July 11 –20
• We will accept up to six collaborative works (one per program/studio/gallery). Collaborative works are eligible for jurying. Best Collaborative Work will be awarded a $100 gift certificate from Golden Artists Colors. Collaborative works are not eligible for People’s Choice jurying.
• Artists must submit bios with their applications (word document emailed to email@example.com or electronic submission with application). Bios should be no longer than 100-120 words and may be edited for publication in the event program.
First Prize $300
Second prize $250
Third Prize $200
Fourth Prize $150
Honorable Mention $100
Heart Award $100
Curator’s Award $50
Juror’s Award (2) $50
Spirit Award (2) $50
People’s Choice $50
Golden Gift Card $100 gift card
Submitted work must be original work, completed by an individual or collaborative group within the past three years, including fine craft, painting, photography, sculpture, graphics (i.e., drawing, printmaking) or mixed media.
Artists have the option of selling work at Voice!. Voice! is a statewide exhibit and garners a large, diversified audience. Otsego County and the surrounding areas have large arts communities and many guests attend the exhibit hoping to purchase art. Neither the Martin-Mullen Art Gallery no The Arc Otsego take a percentage of sales. The Arc Otsego will facilitate bringing artists and prospective patrons together. In addition to selling work displayed at Voice!, some artists have also sold signed prints and others have gained commissions. Selling work is a great way to expand your reach.
Are you a business or organization that is looking to expand your reach? Become a sponsor of Voice! We have sponsorship opportunities starting at $500, and you'll receive a variety of benefits, ranging from an ad in the event program to mention on our Facebook page and during the opening receiption on July 27. For complete details on our available sponsorship opportuinities, click here.